#16 Giants jersey worn by Kawakami.
Porcelain plate commemorating Kawakamifs
2000th hit in 1956.
Special exhibition: "Tetsuharu Kawakami"
November 15, 2016 to January 15, 2017
At the Baseball Hall of Fame Gallery
A total of 31 items related to Tetsuharu Kawakami (1965 HOF, 1920-2013) have recently been handed over to the Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum by his family.
The donated items included:
1. #16 Giants jersey worn by Kawakami. Number 16 is a retired number in Giants.
2. #77 Giants jersey worn by manager Kawakami.
3. Porcelain plate commemorating Kawakamifs 2000th hit in 1956. He became the first player to achieve 2,000 hits in NPB.
4. Autographed board signed by the 1973 team members who won the Japan Series Championship nine times in a row.
5. Other trophies and pennants.
These artifacts will be on display in Museumfs Stay Strong Kumamoto project gSpecial Exhibition: Tetsuharu Kawakamih, together with some items from our permanent collections including Kawakamifs famous red-painted bat. Kawakami was from Kumamoto prefecture where hit by a massive earthquake in April 2016.
This special exhibition highlights Kawakamifs notable achievements both as a batter and a manager in pre-and post-war period. The opening ceremony is scheduled for Tuesday, November 15 and the museum will be open to the public from noon.